What’s up my beautiful people! Christmas cheer and Christmas beer all around this year.This is a very different post for me and it is the first of many. This will be part of my lazy girls guide to entertaining. Honestly, I am not the hostess with the mostess but my mom and sister love to entertain. Me on the other hand… I must be adopted. My first question whenever I have to cook or bake is how long will this take?
I am impatient and just flat out lazy. I know that seems very negative but this is a safe place… I hope. Today, I am going to explain how I made this red velvet cake and yes everything is store bought. It took me 10 minutes to assemble. If you want to make something quick and easy but you don’t have a lot of time, I got you!
To make this cake you will need the following:
- 1 round or square red velvet sponge ( or if you want to go the extra mile you can make your very own )
- 1 pack of 350g frozen berries of your choice ( for this cake I used rasberries and strawberries)
- 1 750g sachet /tub of cream cheese frosting. You can also make your own using confectionary sugar and 1 tub of plain cream cheese. I love using the Lancewood brand when making my own.
- 1 Nestle jellytots slab. I would suggest that if you can , round white chocolate discs would be so much better.
*All items are store bought and purchased at Cab Foods. Let’s be real I can’t bake for shit.
- Take your sponge cake and cut in half. so that you are left with a top and bottom piece. My square sponge sheet was pretty big I halfed this and froze the other half. Round sponge will be much smaller.
- Spread half of your cream cheese frosting (yes I said half) on the bottom half.
- Take your berry mixture , and gently asemble to your liking
- Dice /cut the chocolate to which ever size you prefer. You can use your own initiative here. Once again, this all boils down to personal preference. If you are using round white chocolate discs , spread evenly between the berries
- Take the other half and put on top and repeat steps.
- As an added bonus you can sprinkle some confectionary sugar on top. (insert salt man meme)
- Have fun! Get as creative as possible let your imagination run wild.
Voila! there you have it! I think the name of this cake says it all. It’s easy and it’s just assembling everything because we ain’t no fucking Nigella okay?. I thought this would be something easy to create without hassle in case you are running out of ideas. This is also the perfect cake for hangovers hahaha.
*I had a picture of me slicing the cake but, unfortunately my card got formatted and these were the only images I had.The sponge was a bit dry but left overnight it was pretty moist in the morning.
A big thank you to my sister Lynette , because of you, I can cook so many things other than rice. Love you lots ♥
If you are going to attempt to make this, I would love to hear your thoughts. Seeing that it will be Christmas in a few days, Merry Christmas to those who will be celebrating.